Riding Establishment Inspections 

Under the Riding Establishments Acts 1964 and 1970, riding establishments are required by law to be licensed by local authorities. The licence may only be issued or denied by the local authority following an inspection and report by a veterinary surgeon who is a member of the RCVS/BVA Inspectorate.

At Rase Equine we have vets licensed to carry out riding establishment inspections. All working equines are given a physical examination including: listening to the heart with a stethoscope, examining the eyes with an ophthalmoscope, examination of the feet, areas where the tack contacts the skin and seen at walk and trot to assess soundness. The tack is examined for defects and the state of the housing, feed and equipment stores and riding areas are also assessed. Prospective customers can check that the establishment they intend to use is fully licensed by contacting the District Council.

If you are planning on using equines for hire you should first contact the District Council for advice on how to register your enterprise. If you own an establishment and wish to apply for a license, you must first contact your local council to arrange an application. The council will then arrange the inspection with us.

Unit 5G Gallamore Lane Industrial EstateMarket RasenLincolnshireLN8 3RXT: 01673 842448F: 01673 844430find us

Please see our Facebook feed below for our latest Covid-19 information